Sunday 13 January 2013

The Face of Fibrespace

A belated Happy New Year to you all, I hope you had a good Christmas. The run up to Christmas here at Fibrespace was a bit manic. As well as having my best Christmas for wholesale orders it was my first Christmas at Not On The High Street, which definitely surpassed all my expectations. I managed to get all the orders out with one day to spare before the kids broke up from school, so it was a mad dash into town to finish all the last minute shopping.

After a much needed rest I'm now back to work, designing and putting together lots of new kits in preparation for the Spring Fair in February. I'm really excited about the new designs, as well as more kits in tins I'm also bringing out some new ranges, which I will be sharing on here shortly.

As my kits are quite small I want to design a pop up banner for the trade show so passers by can easily see what it is we sell. As my kits are suitable from age 7+ and mostly geared towards girls I thought my 10 year old daughter would make the perfect face of Fibrespace. So when we had a rare glimpse of blue sky and good natural light this morning I requested that she put on her Sunday best and let her pick one of my new kits to have a go at whilst I clicked away. She loved it, and she's such a neat sewer (neater than her Mum), she's already planning which kit she wants to make next.




3 comments:

  1. love the new kit and your model looks like she really had fun making it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    She loved making it, she's just reached that age where I can just show her what to do once and then she's away, so much easier.

    ReplyDelete