Friday 24 February 2012

A new start for 2012



Hello,

It's been a while since I have posted anything on blogger. One of the reasons for this has been the huge success of Fibrespace this year. In April of 2011 I had a stand at the British Craft Trade Fair for the second year in the row. Whilst the the first year in the newcomers gallery surpassed my expectations, the second year really propelled the business and now I'm looking forward to my third year in a few months time.

As well as letting my blog slide I have had to make a few changes to the business in order to keep up with demand. The main change being that I no longer make my own felt. I have managed to source some high quality 100% wool felt which I am now using for my brooches and kits. Not only does this allow me to complete orders quicker but it also means I have more time to devote to designing, which is the best part of being a designer/maker.

I am in the process of adding the new range to the shop and I'm hoping to have a few more designs ready for the BCTF.

Having originally started Fibrespace as a feltmaker, for now I am reverting back to felting for pleasure only. I already have a few ideas for pieces I would like to make for our home, so hopefully I will be able to share these with you in the not to distant future.

As this blog will no longer be solely dedicated to wet felting I have decided to leave www.feltinginfibrespace.blogspot.com and begin this new blog as a fresh start. I hope some of you join me on my new journey, I'm going to try really hard to blog more often.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to your new home! looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so delighted to hear of your success, I have admired your designs for some time, well done!!

    ReplyDelete